CommercialFleet

LEVC plug-in van makes Frankfurt motor show debut

The London EV Company (LEVC) has showcased its new plug-in van at the Frankfurt motor show.

Based on the firm’s new TX Taxi, the van uses the same electric drivetrain with petrol range-extender.

It has a zero-emission range of 80 miles and a total range of almost 380 miles when the range extender is used.

Targeting those who travel around 100 miles a day, LEVC’s LCV will offer “distribution to door -not just last mile”

LEVC says it provides the link between out of town depots and city centres, capable of collecting goods outside of a major city in range extender mode, before switching to EV mode in an urban ultra-low emissions zone - a sector of the market dominated by one-tonne medium-sized diesel vans.

LEVC CEO Joerg Hofmann said: “Future urban transport is already changing rapidly and we have a golden opportunity to bring something new and disruptive to this market. There is huge demand for a medium-sized zero emissions capable light van and our LCV is the perfect solution to the green logistics trend. This new van is durable, reliable, efficient, cost effective and high quality. Our goal is to be the European leader in green commercial mobility solutions.”

Full details of the LCV will be revealed closer to its official launch in 2020, but LEVC claims that it will target best-in-class total cost of ownership, thanks to savings in fuel and servicing over conventional ICE vans.

As standard, that van will feature the latest active safety systems and is expected to provide the “world’s highest crash safety standards”.

LEVC has benchmarked the new van against premium MPVs on comfort and ergonomics, with a cabin designed around the needs of the van driver (and passenger). In addition to this, the LCV will feature the class-leading turning circle synonymous with the iconic black cab.

New products announced at Frankfurt, such as the LCV and TX Shuttle, will create further growth in Europe alongside the established TX Taxi.

By 2022, LEVC expects that 70% of the vehicles built at Ansty will be for the export market while the remaining 30% percent will service the UK.



Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Comment as guest


Login / Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Related content

What's the tax liability on my van?

Calculate the BIK tax on any van on sale today with our van tax calculator

Track down the cheapest forecourts

Find the cheapest forecourts in your area with our van fuel price locator

How green is your van?

Check out the CO2 emissions for new vans with our CO2 calculator?