The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has launched the FTA Logistics Awards to celebrate supply chain leadership and excellence, and recognise leaders who have made a significant contribution to the industry, either as individuals or as businesses.
FTA’s panel of independent judges will choose innovators in seven categories, including:
- Freight Carrier of the Year (covering operators in road, rail, air, sea and 3PL)
- Retail Shipper of the Year (open to retailers)
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year (covering manufacturers of all sizes)
- Logistics Partner of the Year (open to entries from consultants, recruitment, technology, services)
- Logistics Innovator of the Year (open to all)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services (an award specifically for Civil Engineering contractors, utilities and postal companies and highways authorities)
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services (open to emergency services, public transport authorities, and outsourced service providers)
FTA will also reveal the initial leaders who have demonstrated long term commitment to and impact in the logistics industry who have been recognised by inclusion in the FTA’s Hall of Fame.
“The FTA Awards will recognise excellence and leadership amongst the companies that drive the wheels of commerce and truly keep Britain trading,” said David Wells, FTA chief executive.
“We will be showcasing the best that the logistics and supply chain industry has to offer and rewarding companies and individuals who have gone the extra mile to innovate.”
Judging will take place during October and the winners will be announced at an event at the InterContinental London Park Lane, on Wednesday December 13, 2017.
For more information visit www.fta.co.uk/events/logistics-awards.html