More than half (55%) of fleet managers feel positive about Britain's decision to leave the EU, the BT Fleet Operational Fleet Insight Report has found.
The fleet-focused insight report, produced in partnership with The AA, looks at issues impacting operational fleets today and the future market direction.
Originally published for the benefit of BT Fleet customers and attendees of the company’s annual industry forum event, the report has now been made available to all in response to requests from across the fleet sector via a dedicated website, www.btfleetinsight.com
Populus, the independent market research consultancy, surveyed more than 360 operational fleet managers and 320 operational fleet drivers to compile the report.
Among the findings and conclusions drawn are:
- 55% of fleet managers feel positive about Britain’s decision to leave the EU
- 51% of fleet managers say their organisation is using telematics
- 75% of fleet managers are likely to increase their spend on fuel efficient technologies in the next few years
- 62% expect to increase their spend on hybrid and electric vehicles
- 41% of fleet managers think that autonomous vehicles will make up part of their fleet within the next 10 years.
Henry Brace, BT Fleet managing director, said: “Insight is the vital component of any fleet manager’s arsenal.
"In this inaugural report on the trends, factors, challenges and opportunities facing Britain’s fleets today and tomorrow, we’ve aimed to not only uncover the issues impacting operational fleets, but also to present the findings in a way that allows the reader to apply the learnings in their day to day role and equip their fleets for the challenges ahead.
“This report was originally made available only to our customers and those attending our industry forum event at BT Tower late last year.
"However, word has spread and the inclusion of some of its findings in several press articles has led to requests for copies, so we’ve taken the decision to make it available to all. I’m sure all who read it will gain valuable information that will help shape their views and actions over the coming months.”