Commercial Fleet is looking for a local charity close to readers’ hearts to be nominated as the official Commercial Fleet Awards charity of the year.
Last year, Commercial Fleet teamed up with Peterborough charity Little Miracles to help them raise funds for some much needed equipment to help children with life limiting conditions and disabilities.
The Commercial Fleet Awards were a great success and saw them raise £5,500 as well as receive numerous offers in the form of van donations and support.
This year, it is looking for charities that don’t benefit from a national profile, struggle to generate funding and are based in the local community – in other words, charities that this event can make a fundamental difference to.
The charity you nominate will need to be able to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Provide a spokesperson to do a short plea on stage at the start of the evening
- Provide five volunteers to collect the money on the night
- Arrange for monies to be counted and securely deposited
- Provide gift aid envelopes/credit card slips
- Provide prize draw details for inclusion on envelopes
The Commercial Fleet Awards team will support with the following:
- Sourcing raffle prizes for the night from table hosts
- Providing a toastmaster to assist with the prize draw
- Producing vouchers with contact details for winners
- Producing A1 board prize listings and A4 collection envelopes
- Providing dinner for the 5 volunteers on the night
- Liaising with the venue to ensure security is on hand to protect monies on site
To request a nomination form email email@example.com. All nomination forms need to be completed and returned by August 25.
All nominations will then be put forward to the independent Bauer Media Charity Committee for them to decide on the chosen charity for the Commercial Fleet Awards 2017