Winners of the Logistics UK’s 2020 Logistics Awards have been announced.
The awards celebrate supply chain leadership and excellence and recognise leaders who have made a significant contribution to the industry, either as individuals or as businesses.
David Wells, chief executive of Logistics UK, said: “Logistics UK is the only business group representing all of the logistics industry, so we are ideally placed to recognise the achievements of our sector’s leaders.
“These awards have been the ideal opportunity to recognise the outstanding work of the individuals and businesses committed to keeping Britain trading under increasingly challenging circumstances. I would like to congratulate the winners personally; this recognition is so richly deserved.”
At the ceremony, Stagefreight was named as Logisitics UK’s Road Freight Operator of the Year.
Wells said: “The Covid-19 pandemic has demonstrated the importance of the logistics industry to UK PLC and had a considerable effect on other industries across the nation. Stagefreight, a successful events transport firm, found itself adapting working practices as a result of the significant drop in the entertainment industry.
“After investing in refrigerated trailers and electronic proof of delivery systems, as well as training 26 drivers in just two days, staff at Stagefreight mobilised themselves to serve the general haulage industry, initially focusing on food logistics and working to ensure the nation was provided with the goods needed throughout the pandemic.
“Logistics UK often talks about the resilience of the industry and this is something Stagefreight has shown in abundance. We are proud to have the opportunity to recognise the exceptional values this company has shown in such unprecedent circumstances, supporting the wider economy and keeping people supplied with exactly what they need.”
The awards were presented at Logistics UK’s virtual Future Logistics Conference and Expo on November 13.
The full winners at the 2020 Logistics Awards are:
- Most Innovative Company of the Year, sponsored by Logistics UK Fuelcard: Menzies Distribution
- Most Innovative Product of the Year, sponsored by ITT Hub: CharterSync Limited
- Road Freight Operator of the Year, sponsored by Brigade Electronics: Stagefreight Ltd
- Air Business of the Year, sponsored by Multimodal: Kerry Logistics
- Water Business of the Year, sponsored by The Malcolm Group: Stena Line
- International Shipper of the Year, sponsored by Santander: Radwell International Ltd
- Public Services Operator of the Year, sponsored by Quartix: Warwickshire Police Commercial Vehicle Unit
- Van Operator of the Year, sponsored by Logistics UK Recovery: Altrad Services
- Logistics Partner of the Year, sponsored by CoolKit: Howard Tenens Logistics
- Diversity Champion of the Year, sponsored by Transaid: #LearningThroughLogistics Partnership
- Rising Star of the Year, sponsored by DDC FPO: Lauren Fletcher, Head of Depots - South, Hermes UK
- LERS Leadership in Emissions Reduction, sponsored by ExxonMobil: WJ Group