Fleet Source has announced a free seminar to help fleet managers understand the risks of vehicular terrorism.
Recent research carried out by Fleet Source revealed that:
- 87% of commercial drivers and operators see terrorism as a potential threat.
- 74% of drivers are not trained to protect themselves or their vehicle against the risk of a terror attack.
- 76% of drivers are keen to undertake training on the nature of the threats that they may face
Due to take place on February 28, at The Holiday Inn Crick, the seminar will cover the training and support available to help fleet managers and drivers understand the risks of terrorism.
Alongside what they can do to help minimise risk within their organization, and the actions to take in the event of an incident or suspicious activity.
The agenda for the seminar covers:
- Vehicle as a Weapon (VAAW) – Background and context
- Extremist motivation - The threat terrorists present
- Lessons learned from what we know – Recent attacks
- What else have we learned – Research on industry awareness
- Preventative measures – Terrorism risk and incident prevention
The seminar will cover the training and support available to help fleet managers and drivers understand the risks of terrorism, what they can do to help minimise risk within their organisation and the actions to take in the event of an incident or suspicious activity.
It will also give fleet operators the opportunity to network with other like-minded professionals to discuss their views and ideas around the risks of terrorism.
Fleet Source’s managing director Nick Caesari (pictured) said: “With over a third of our work force being from a military and policing background, many having extensive counter-terrorism experience, we believe we are well positioned to help inform fleet operators in taking the necessary steps to ensure they are doing everything possible to prevent their vehicles from being hijacked or stolen and used as a weapon in an attack.
“Safety and helping protect people from harm is our day job, and offering this free seminar to our profession is a natural extension of what Fleet Source provides.”
The seminar will include topical presentations on terrorism risk and incident prevention as well as exclusive insight into newly launched research surrounding the industry’s awareness of terrorist threats. Register your interest online.