CommercialFleet

Instances of speeding drop dramatically at Andrew Page after telematics installed

Andrew Page, telematics

Andrew Page has cut accidents and reduced speeding by 97% after implementing a telematics system from Masternaut.

The automotive parts, tools and equipment distributor, implemented Masternaut Connect across its 900-vehicle fleet to improve overall vehicle and driver performance, reduce CO2 emissions, improve MPG, and increase efficiency.

The system was implemented after a trial period in Birmingham delivered a 47% reduction in harsh events and a 7.1% improvement in MPG.

Since installation, Andrew Page has seen driver behaviour scores improve greatly across the fleet, with 98% of drivers in the green, and the remaining 2% in amber.

As a result, accidents have been reduced and are continuing to fall month-on-month, improving driver safety, vastly minimising road risk and improving staff welfare. Instances of speeding across the fleet have reduced by 97% in six months.

The system is a part of Andrew Page’s accident reduction programme, with data provided by Masternaut helping to address driver behaviour.

The programme identifies drivers and regions of high risk, understanding what those risks are and then educating drivers on how to eliminate risks on the road.

Masternaut Connect tracks multiple driver behaviours, including speeding, harsh braking, harsh acceleration, harsh cornering and more. It scores drivers using a traffic light system, with those in the green rated as good drivers with few to zero instances of speeding or harsh driving events, whilst those in red have several instances of speeding or harsh driving events.

It also helps with the investigation of any accidents that do happen and what may have cause the incident, such as speeding and harsh driving events.

Overall fleet fuel efficiency has seen a major improvement as a result of improved driver behaviour, and better efficiency and scheduling. The average vehicle MPG rating has increased from 48 to 52.5, helping Andrew Page to save money on fuel costs.

Stuart Wiseman, group fleet manager at Andrew Page said: “Since implementation we’ve seen a big reduction in accidents, which is still continuing to reduce further month-by-month.

“The data provided by Masternaut Connect has been a major part in the way we’ve been able to tackle driver safety, providing ongoing feedback to our drivers based on their driving behaviour.

“We’ve now got 98% of our drivers rated as being safe drivers and this improvement in driving style is ensuring that we’re helping our staff get home safely.”

Steve Towe, chief commercial officer and UK managing director of Masternaut, added: “Working with Andrew Page, telematics has helped to assist in the reduction of accidents across the fleet, through continuous driver behaviour improvements and coaching. Telematics is not just a track and trace tool, but provides wider benefits in safety, compliance, efficiency improvements and ensuring duty of care.”



Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Comment as guest


Login / Register

Comments

  • Phil Tyrer - 19/11/2015 23:32

    I think it's great to have this facility available for company's and would probably introduce an incentive for drivers.

    Reply as guest

    Login / Register
What's the tax liability on my van?

Calculate the BIK tax on any van on sale today with our van tax calculator

Track down the cheapest forecourts

Find the cheapest forecourts in your area with our van fuel price locator

How green is your van?

Check out the CO2 emissions for new vans with our CO2 calculator?