A few places are still available for the Freight Transport Association’s two Van Excellence operational briefings.
The briefings will take place on Tuesday, March 24 at Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands, near Weybridge, in Surrey, and on Friday, March 27, at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.
However, FTA says that anyone still interested in attending should hurry to avoid disappointment.
The briefings, held in association with Mercedes-Benz Vans, provide companies with an opportunity to explore operational best practice and compliance issues across a range of key areas, whether they are an existing Van Excellence member, or an operator keen to know where to begin.
Mark Cartwright, FTA’s head of vans, said: “We have been overwhelmed by the level of interest in these events, which give van operators the opportunity to obtain the best possible advice surrounding the operation of their van fleet.
“They are a must-attend event for anyone who operates vans, and my advice to anyone who is still interested is to book their place as soon as possible to avoid missing out.”
Key sessions at the briefings include:
- Keynote speech by Adrian Long of the DVSA
- Jon York, Road Safety Manager, British Gas will share with delegates how the company has reduced its accident rate by 30%
- FTA consultant Ian Laughlin on the latest strategies for managing and reducing operational costs
- Mike Rayner of Turris-UK on the implementation of new processes for managing compliance
- A Van Excellence member on how accreditation has benefited them and how smaller fleets are seeing these benefits
- Superintendent Paul Keasey of West Midlands Police will give an update on van operation from their perspective including current challenges
- Tim Ridyard of Woodfines Solicitors LLP on van operators’ legal responsibilities, penalties for non-compliance and the potential impact of failing to meet required standards
One free place is available to the Van Excellence Governance Group, Van Excellence accredited operators and Guide to Van Excellence subscribers.
The cost for further places and for all other delegates is £50 + VAT per delegate. Further details are available by clicking here or call the FTA Member Service Centre on 08717 11 22 22.