The Freight Transport Association's Van Excellence operations briefings are to return next month (March).
Mark Cartwright, FTA's head of vans, said: "It doesn’t matter whether you’re an existing Van Excellence member or not, these briefings are a must-attend event for anyone who operates vans."
The first sessions is on Tuesday March 24 at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands near Weybridge in Surrey, and the second on Friday March 27 at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.
The events are supported by Van Excellence Industry Partners; ATS Euromaster, Bott Ltd, BT Fleet, Hertz Van Rental, Lex Autolease and TomTom Telematics.
Speakers include Adrian Long, Director of Policy and Stakeholder Management at the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA); Chief Inspector Paul Keasey of West Midlands Police; Tim Ridyard of Woodfines Solicitors along with Van Excellence industry partners and FTA policy experts, who will be on hand to inform delegates of the latest issues affecting operators.
Key sessions include:
- Keynote speech by Adrian Long of the DVSA
- Jon York, Road Safety Manager, British Gas will share with delegates how the company has reduced its accident rate by 30%
- The latest strategies for managing and reducing operational costs
- The implementation of new processes for managing compliance
- A Van Excellence member on how accreditation has benefited them and how smaller fleets are seeing these benefits
- Chief Inspector Paul Keasey of West Midlands police will give an update on van operation from their perspective including current challenges
- Van operators’ legal responsibilities, penalties for non-compliance and the potential impact of failing to meet required standards
Mark Cartwright, FTA’s Head of Vans, said:
“The Van Excellence briefings give van operators the perfect opportunity to obtain the best advice from a practical, operational viewpoint, giving them peace of mind surrounding the operation of their van fleet. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an existing Van Excellence member or not, these briefings are a must-attend event for anyone who operates vans.”
One free place is available to the Van Excellence Governance Group, Van Excellence accredited operators and Guide to Van Excellence subscribers. The cost for further places and for all other delegates is £50 + VAT per delegate.