Delegates at the Freight Transport Association’s Van Excellence operational briefings will be provided with advice on how to manage their costs and reduce accidents.
The briefings, held in association with Mercedes-Benz Vans, provide companies with a unique opportunity to explore operational best practice and compliance issues across a range of key areas, whether they are an existing Van Excellence member, or an operator keen to know where to begin.
FTA consultant Ian Laughlin, who has many years of fleet management experience including running the RAC’s 1000-plus van fleet, will be exploring various strategies for managing and reducing operational costs.
Jon York, road safety manager for British Gas, will describe the company’s crash reduction policies which have reduced its accident rate by over 30 per cent, saving millions of pounds and last year alone reducing its crash claims by over £1 million.
A few places still remain for the Van Excellence Operational Briefings, which take place on Tuesday 24 March at Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands near Weybridge in Surrey and on Friday 27 March at the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.
Steve Bridge, managing director, Mercedes-Benz Vans, said: “All businesses, regardless of size, will recognise the issues of costs and safety as two of the biggest areas of concern when it comes to their fleet. We are proud to be associated with the FTA Van Excellence briefings and believe attendees will really benefit from the expert sessions.”
Key sessions include:
- Keynote speech by Adrian Long of the DVSA
- Jon York, Road Safety Manager, British Gas will share with delegates how the company has reduced its accident rate by 30%
- FTA consultant Ian Laughlin on the latest strategies for managing and reducing operational costs
- Mike Rayner of Turris-UK on the implementation of new processes for managing compliance
- A Van Excellence member on how accreditation has benefited them and how smaller fleets are seeing these benefits
- Superintendent Paul Keasey of West Midlands Police will give an update on van operation from their perspective including current challenges
- Tim Ridyard of Woodfines Solicitors LLP on van operators’ legal responsibilities, penalties for non-compliance and the potential impact of failing to meet required standards
One free place is available to the Van Excellence Governance Group, Van Excellence accredited operators and Guide to Van Excellence subscribers. The cost for further places and for all other delegates is £50 + VAT per delegate.