The event programme for the Fleet Van Summit, in association with Van Excellence, has been announced.
Taking place at The International Centre, Telford on September 18, speakers will cover an array of topics facing van fleet operators from cost reduction to risk management, to the latest in legislation and ensuring that you are running a fully compliant fleet.
Key topics of keeping your drivers safe and reducing accidents will also be covered throughout the day.
The Fleet Van Summit is now in its seventh year and has firmly established itself as one of the major events within the LCV calendar. This one day event has been designed specifically for LCV fleet operators by LCV fleet operators.
As well as a number of key industry speakers and fleet operator case studies the day will also incorporate an exhibition hall to allow delegates to speak with industry suppliers and discuss their needs and requirements, as well as allow them to network with peers and share best practice.
Speakers on the day include:
- Alastair Peoples, chief executive, DVSA who will be leading a key note address on his vision for van compliance and the opportunity the industry has of working together to create a positive step change in road safety.
- Gareth Morgan, driver training standards manager, South Wales Police Driver Training Unit will be sharing his experience in the field of driver training, and discussing how to incorporate a culture of change within your fleet to help keep drivers safe.
- Neil Shaw, head of training & development, Ocado will be offering a case study on his fleet and how he has consistently improved standards, reduced driver risk and promoted a safer driving culture whilst reducing financial overheads.
- Dave Bowen, managing director, BT Fleet will be offering a case study on how BT created an award-winning green fleet by deploying the BT Fleet remapping programme, and offering an insight into the re-engineering programme that is shaping its future fleet.
- Mark Cartwright, head of vans and logistics buyers, FTA will be launching the FTA Van Report at this year’s Summit and look specifically at sharing best practice and findings from the report, whilst recognising and celebrating the fantastic role that van operations play in our daily lives.
- Stephen Dalton, head of intelligence, Insurance Fraud Bureau will be covering the topic of ‘crash for cash a growing problem on the UK’s roads. Stephen will outline the work of the IFB to tackle these criminal gangs and share tips to ensure drivers remain safe.
- Ean Lewin, managing director, D.Tec International will be covering the latest developments with drug-driving as new laws come into effect from March 2 next year. He will share best practice on how to start, or improve, your current drug and alcohol policy.
- David Higginbottom, CEO, Driver First Assist will be discussing how the DFA has been set up to provide life-saving first aid at the side of the road. Supported by the emergency services, David will be sharing further details on how your fleet can become involved in this pioneering initiative.
- Mark Cartwright, head of vans and logistics buyers, FTA will be looking at the hot topic of corporate responsibility, and the responsibility of fleet operators to lead not only their own businesses, but to influence those they come into contact with, such as contractors and suppliers to adopt safe practices around their fleet operation.
The day promises to be highly informative and offer delegates the opportunity to pick and choose the most relevant topics to them with a mixture of plenary sessions and breakout workshops.
The Fleet Van Summit will then be followed by the Fleet Van Awards, the benchmark awards for the LCV industry.