Fleet News has announced its event programme for its annual Fleet Van Summit, which takes place at Peterborough Arena on September 10.
Speakers will cover an array of topics facing van fleet operators from cost reduction to risk management, to the latest in legislation and ensuring that you are running a fully compliant fleet, to keeping your drivers safe and reducing accidents.
The Fleet Van Summit is now in its sixth year and has firmly established itself as one of the major events within the LCV calendar.
This one day event has been designed specifically for LCV fleet operators by LCV fleet operators.
As well as a number of key industry speakers and fleet operator case studies the day will also incorporate an exhibition hall to allow delegates to speak with industry suppliers and discuss their needs and requirements, as well as allow them to network with peers and share best practice.
Speakers on the day include:
- Andy Mair, head of engineering, Freight Transport Association who will be covering the latest on EU Whole Vehicle Type Approval legislation and informing of the consequences if your fleet isn’t fully compliant.
- Mark Horton, traffic enforcement scheme manager, VOSA will be discussing further the implications of the LCV 50% failure rates on all first time MOT tests and explain what fleets should be doing to avoid possible sanctions.
- Dr Nicholas Oscroft, sleep specialist, Papworth Hospital and British Sleep Society will be presenting the latest findings from research on driver fatigue and what you can do to ensure the safety of your drivers.
- Emma Osborn, NDS business manager road fleet, Network Rail will be offering a best practice case study on the Network Rail fleet and sharing her experiences and initiatives she has launched recently to improve safety for her vehicles and her drivers.
- Dave Bowen, managing director, BT Fleet will demonstrate how businesses can use technology and data to mitigate the risks involved in keeping vehicles and drivers compliant. He will also share how they have implemented an award winning risk management programme across BT.
- Andy Price, practice leader – Europe motor fleet, Zurich Risk Engineering and Rory Morgan, national logistics general manager, Iron Mountain will lead a breakout session on minimizing accidents in your fleet and how to reduce post-crash costs.
- Suzanne Fribbins, EMEA risk product manager, BSI and Jamie Bogg, environmental and road safety manager, Mark Group will share their story on how Mark Group became the first LCV fleet in the UK to become BSI road safety ISO 39001 accredited and the positive impact it has had on the fleet.
- James Backhouse and Andrew Woolfall, both directors at Backhouse Jones, are transport legal specialists who will look specifically at the topic of the law in relation to towing, racking and payload and how to ensure that your fleet stays compliant.
- Ben Enevoldsen, principal risk manager, AA DriveTech and Phil Cane, delivery operations manager, Sainsbury’s will cover driver training and how simple it can be to incorporate into your day-to-day operations, whilst Sainsbury’s will share the success they have achieved thanks to driver training.
Early bird rate tickets are available for both fleet operators and industry suppliers if booked before Friday August 16.
To book your place contact Nicola Baxter on 01733 468289 or email@example.com or visit www.fleetvanevent.com.